Administrator, HSBC Team, UK Global Banks, UK Deposit Takers Supervision- (004081)
The Bank of England is a diverse organisation. Each of its 4,000 plus people are committed to public service and dedicated to promoting the good of the people of the United Kingdom by maintaining monetary and financial stability.
The Banking Supervision directorate is responsible for the supervision of over 600 banks, building societies and credit unions. Its aim is to contribute to a safe, sound and competitive UK banking system through delivering effective prudential supervision.
- Providing secretarial and full administrative support to two Senior Managers; including dealing with meeting requests, using judgement on which meetings take priority and ensuring the diary is maintained smoothly and effectively in OneNote to maximise the best use of the Senior Managers time.
- Diary management, including liaising with internal and external contacts, producing papers for the following day and chasing briefings.
- Together with another administrator, provide Admin support to a team of 19 Supervisors.
- Monitoring compliance standards for the team, including logging incoming correspondence to ensure that service standards are met for responses and producing weekly management information reports.
- Responsibility for the records management of the team, maintaining an electronic filing system and shared firm mailbox with a good knowledge of Records Management.
- Dealing with general correspondence and queries from the firm.
- Managing incoming e-mails and meeting requests. Establishing and maintaining close links with stakeholders across the PRA and Bank of England, including external contacts.
- Preparing and editing documents, letters, reports and presentations, also offering help and advice to colleagues on how best to do this.
- Dealing with ad-hoc requests within the directorate or wider Bank.
- Planning and arranging domestic and international travel, including flights, hotels & visas and produce a full itinerary when required.
- Reconciling expenses
- Attending internal meetings and minute taking, when required.
- Willingly cover for colleagues to provide effective support to other teams as required.
- Sharing best practices with regards to Bank wide applications, helping team members to carry out their own responsibilities.
Minimum (Essential) Criteria
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task (often operating to tight deadlines).
- A proven and active team player, willing to help others to achieve results with the ability to work independently and on your own initiative. Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Flexibility, the desire and confidence to get things done with a proactive approach.
- Strong oral and written communications skills with the ability to adapt to different audiences.
- Able to deal with highly confidential information to agreed standards of handling and personal integrity.
- Proactive and able to take initiatives, with strong attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge and competence in of all Microsoft packages and advanced knowledge of OneNote.
As a unique institution, we have a reward package which sets us
apart from other organisations. It includes a competitive salary,
but also a much wider offering, including a defined benefit pension
and comprehensive flexible benefits. We also offer a working
environment which fully supports individuals through flexible
working, wellbeing initiatives including an on-site medical and
This specific role offers a base salary of £20900 - £26000
(subject to experience and skillset)
The total package also includes:
- A non-contributory, career average pension giving you a
guaranteed retirement benefit of 1/95th of your annual salary for
every year worked.
- A 7% benefits allowance with the option to take as salary or
purchase a wide range of flexible benefits
- 25 days annual leave with option to buy up to 13 additional days through flexible benefits
- Private medical insurance and income protection insurance
We anonymise applications so hiring managers will not be able
to see your personal information such as name and address when
reviewing your submission, including your CV. Please fully complete
work history and the application form questions as requested
because incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
We continue to build an inclusive culture where everyone can be their whole selves and produce their best work. Our focus on inclusion is intended to build greater diversity in order to reflect the society we serve and be an employer of choice.
The closing date for applications is 25 September 2020.
Please apply online, ensuring that you answer the application questions, complete the work history and submit your CV.