Description of the Business Line or Department
Commercial credit specialist, providing proactive support and assistance to CRM’s and the Commercial team. To actively assist and complete all credit related activity, for existing and new business, within the approved credit offering and bank strategy.
- To help the commercial team identify the credit product requirement of the client.
- Develop strong and meaningful relationships with Commercial Bankers & Wealth Planning Solutions, to promote LUM as a core business line.
- To assist in the completion of the credit application as required, including preparation of the Bank’s internal eCredApp and collating all required documentation and authorisations.
- To manage and process the credit renewal book for the Commercial Team, identifying any missing and/or additional documentation needed to ensure a timely renewal.
- Interaction with local CAT and the Credit Production team in Jersey
Summary of responsibilities
- Ensure clients’ needs are understood fully and to work with product specialists, support staff and other relevant groups so that the client proposition is effectively translated and fulfilled
- Assisting in the progression of new business enquiries from initial conversations to structuring, pricing negotiation and then through to credit approval and drawdown.
- There will be a requirement to write credit proposals
Business Requirements & performance management:
- Assist the Commercial teams in delivering the Credit offering, to help growth in Assets Under Management (AUMs) and revenue.
- Identify cross selling opportunities within the client needs.
Collaboration & Cooperation:
- Work with the Commercial team to help onboard new clients and grow the existing client base.
- Share the credit culture with both local Commercial team heads and Head Office functions.
- Show team spirit in sharing of information at local, KH Group and Head Office level.
- Develop and sustain a broad technical knowledge across a wide range of products and services of the Commercial / Private Bank to ensure relevant clients are targeted with best product and service information.
- Consistently update personal knowledge of intermediary/wealth management market, ensuring that the reputation of SGH/KB is upheld to the highest level possible in terms of compliance and reputation internally and externally and to give continuous consideration to treating customers fairly.
- Meet all specific ongoing requirements under the Certificated Persons regime
- Improve the quality of client service to meet the requirements for client due diligence.
- Follow best practice within the regulatory framework, suitability, conduct risk and Treating Customers Fairly principles
- Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SG Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships
- Knowledge of legal regulatory and industry requirements
- Knowledge of business processes, standards, policies and procedures.
- Assessed as competent under SGPBH T&C regime
- Knowledge of Products and Services.
- Demonstrate competence to cover FCA dealing requirements.
- Business Assistance & Development
- Client Focus
- Communication – oral and written
- Planning, Organising, and Influencing
- Strategic & Commercial Awareness
Why join us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It’s personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it’s what makes us different. It’s what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender identity.
equal opportunities employerand we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and
promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.