McLarens on the Corner, Edinburgh
Chef de Partie
From £11.75 per hour plus cash tips, service charge and employee benefits
We Serve Happiness!
Signature Group are hiring for hospitality roles. Competitive pay and benefits at venues across Scotland working for one of Scotland’s leading independent hospitality businesses.
Chef de Partie required for McLarens on the Corner, a popular family friendly bar and restaurant situated in the popular area of Edinburgh’s Morningside. With a menu inspired by local and seasonal produce, serving across three floors, McLarens on the Corner is a family friendly establishment that will have something for everyone.
We’re an awesome team here, filled with hardworking and fun-loving people. We’d love for you to join us.
Like the rest of the country, we are recruiting for commis chefs, chef de parties and kitchen staff but we believe we offer so much more and always attempt to challenge the norm!
We have 21 venues in Scotland, including Cold Town House, Badger & Co, The Spiritualist, McLarens on the Corner, Copper Blossom, The Smokin’ Fox and more.
As Chef de Partie you will have a real passion for food, you will hold excellent communication and organisational skills. Your role will involve working in our new popup situated in our popular and busy outside terrace. You will maintain a high level of cleanliness and comply with legislation. You will have previous kitchen experience and be keen to develop your career further.
Skills required: teamwork, charm, honesty, creativity, friendly, being a real team player. A bit of banter gets you a long way!
Here’s the deets:
· Great hourly rate plus tronc & tips (no quibbling, 100% goes to the staff!)
· Fortnightly paid wages
· Extra benefits: Paid breaks, staff discount ranging from 25% to 50%; 25% Cold Town Beer discount (that’s ours!), 25% Edinburgh’s Flavour online discount, assisted travel home, free food on shift, flexible working, monetary rewards available weekly, annual staff party, an extra days holiday for your birthday, plus extra annual leave days are awarded at 3/5 and 10 year service intervals, and if that’s not enough we offer a generous scheme for referring friends for jobs (up to £1000!)
· We believe in developing our teams: there’s the opportunity for development across the whole spectrum of hospitality in Signature.
We look after our team and provide access to our 24/7 Employee Assistance Program. Signature Group believes in promoting a healthy work / life balance.
Signature Group is proud to be a part of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions Programme. We work closely with Stonewall to ensure that all LGBTQ+ employees are free to be themselves in our workplace.
How to apply
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, apply today by sending in your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you think you would be a great fit for the role.
All candidates must have the right to unrestricted employment in the UK and hold a valid National Insurance Number and UK bank account to be considered for this role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £11.75 per hour
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Free or subsidised travel
- Referral programme
- Wellness programmes
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Catering: 1 year (preferred)
- Hospitality: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Bartending: 1 year (preferred)