Recruit4staff is proud to be representing their client, a leading manufacturing company in their search for a Mechanical Design Engineerto work in their leading facility in Welshpool
For the successful Mechanical Design Engineer our client is offering;
- Permanent position
- Salary between £25,000 – £27,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 8.30 – 17.30 pm Monday – Thursday, 9.00 am – 3.00 pm finish Friday
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with an additional five service days on offer
- Pension scheme at auto-enrolment rates
- Death in Service benefit
- Employee Assistance Program
- ‘Know Your Numbers’ optional health checks
- On-site car park
The Role of the Mechanical Design Engineer;
- Working on single projects and as part of a team
- Producing drawings for new products/orders and sharing knowledge with internal technical, design, manufacturing & commercial teams.
- Generation of detailed design packs for submission both internally for knowledge transfer, and externally for commercial and accreditation reasons including test sample manufacture support when required.
- Understanding and interpreting the requirements needed with Design, initial costing projections, production engineering (both manufacturing support and constant process improvement) within the life cycle of a product.
- Providing key engineering insight to a project and report monthly on all projects.
- Dealing with daily internal and external Technical support requests received verbally, written or electronic including when required offsite attendance.
- Provide drawings to clients and third parties, when requested/instructed..
- Produce comprehensive Solidworks data and design packages to enable DriveWorks projects to be implemented within company processes.
What our client is looking for in a Mechanical Design Engineer;
- Qualified to a MINIMUM of HNC/HND within Mechanical or Process Engineering – ESSENTIAL
- Experienced working with Solidworks or another relevant 3D package – ESSENTIAL
- Previous experience in a similar role – ESSENTIAL
- 5 years steel fabrication/manufacturing/engineering experience – PREFERRED
- Computer literate with extensive experience and understanding of Microsoft Office
- Able to manage multiple tasks, working accurately with attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
Alternative job titles;
Design Engineer, Mechanical Design, Project Engineer, Solidworks, Driveworks, 3D
Welshpool, Newtown, Oswestry, Shrewsbury, St Martins, Wrexham, Ellesmere
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Telford) who are operating as a recruitment agency, agent, agencies, employment agency or employment business.