Siemens Mobility’s Rail Infrastructure supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication. Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities. Our products and systems are used for automating our customers’ operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
As a planner you will carry out project planning and control activities on designated projects. You will be a key member of the project team and support project managers in the successful planning and control of project delivery.
What are my responsibilities?
- Develop and maintain plans in accordance with Siemens Rail Automation UK project management, planning and PM@Siemens procedures and processes
- Work closely with project, commercial and finance managers and members of the wider project team to ensure project schedules are accurately developed, maintained, resource and cost loaded
- Work closely with site and possession planners to ensure cohesion between these different activities and the main project schedule
- Work closely with the central Bids & Tendering team to ensure tender plans are developed through the mobilisation process into contract plans
- Build and maintain close working relationships with client representatives and work collaboratively to find the most efficient and effective planning and controls solutions
- Perform critical path analysis and advise of possible actions and areas of concern
- Ensure that the periodic project reporting requirements are met for both internal and client through the provision of key project metrics such as key performance indicators, earned value, schedule delay and critical path analysis reports as required
- Perform analysis and scenario modelling for any potential project change and be able to provide risks, issues, cost, resource and delay analysis
- Promote and improve planning and controls within the organisation
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- HND/HNC level qualifications or relative demonstrable experience (essential)
- Experience of planning infrastructure projects preferably in the rail industry (essential)
- Experience of working with project management both internally and in the client organisation (essential)
- Primavera Planning expertise with knowledge and use of other planning tool such as MS Project (essential)
- Self-motivated with sound interpersonal and communication skills (essential)
- Analytical and problem solving skills (essential)
- Knowledge and awareness of project management methodologies, e.g. Prince 2
- Technical/Engineering background ideally with knowledge of the railway
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK’s largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Company:SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level:not defined