-Are you full of great ideas? Join us and innovate with purpose.
With headquarters in London, UK, and operations located throughout the world, Anglo American is truly global. We employ more than 60,000 colleagues worldwide and run mining operations across southern Africa, North and South America and Australia.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Founded in 1917, we are more than 100 years old, having evolved over the decades to become the highly valued company we are now. We aim to lead and collaborate with industry to pursue ever safer and more responsible ways of working; leading the drive toward a more sustainable approach to mining through innovative thinking and new technologies.
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us.
Execute the fulfillment of contractual sales transactions to satisfy Anglo American’s and customers’ contractual obligations.
Product Shipment and Invoicing – PGM’s
- Ensure all shipping documentation is in order as required, e.g air waybills, certificate of analysis, packing lists, et al
- Send shipment notifications to customers and/or agents
- Generate provisional and final Invoices Receivable using the systems and by reference to existing contracts
- Send invoices to customers after relevant approvals completed
- Generate Invoices for pre-payments against impending shipments when directed by Logistics function
- Receive third party Invoices Payable and circulate to relevant members of the front office team for approval
- Forward approved Invoices Payable to the Finance function for settlement
- Manage intercompany transactions.
- Manage cashflows to minimize monthly debtors, run reports and inform stakeholders as necessary.
- Complete month end tasks as necessary to help finance function reconcile the accounts.
Data Entry – PGM’s
- Input incoming shipment details into third party portal in a timely manner.
- Input and verify same day transactions into third party portal.
- Update records for actual delivery and arrival dates, as notified by third party sources
- Input other data into company systems from third party documentation as directed
- Run specified reports from systems and circulate to others as required
Customer Services – PGM’s
- Liaise closely with customer sales operatives and deliver a high service level to all customers
- Facilitate and coordinate customers and supplier’s queries on Invoices to ensure prompt resolution
- Manage queries on shipping documentation with customers and /or agents
- Manage the relationship between the Marketing and Accounts Receivable (Finance) functions
- Agree monetary and metal settlements with counterparties.
Sales Operations – Base Metals
Execution of sales operations for Copper contracts and any other base metal commodities that may be necessary to add to the portfolio
Cover for operations in the Base Metals when required
- Flawless processing of orders, from booking the order with the customer until final delivery of the product at the customer’s site
- Organizing insurance for all shipments made
- Organize invoicing to clients, follow up shipping documents with AABR and prompt delivery of shipping documents set to our customers
- Manage trade finance arrangements, in particular management of the Letter of Credit process, in line with Group policies
- Provide general administrative and sales back office support for Sales team; including maintaining physical files
- Preparation of regular monthly administrative reports (i.e. invoicing summary)
Group Governance and Risk Management – PGM’s and Base Metals
- Execute sales operations activities in alignment with Group Business Integrity and Governance policies
- Maintain accurate records within relevant systems
Process Improvement – PGM’s and Base Metals
- Support continuous review processes to identify opportunities that will help maximise value
- Support the implementation of key optimization projects to maximize value for the Marketing BU
- Experience/knowledge of commodity markets, and operational knowledge (desirable)
- Sound knowledge of financial management.
- Sound knowledge of contract management.
- Sound knowledge of data entry
- Experience working in international teams
- Understanding of invoicing process and ability to utilise this in computer systems
- Good interpersonal skills – comfortable working with people from different cultures
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented
- Flexible and can do attitude
-Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Amazing opportunities for learning and growth – from technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people
- We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities internally to move onwards and upwards too
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.